Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Personal Update

Taking a break from the Finance world I just wanted to update all the readers on what I am currently doing. Most recently I have decided that I am going to Double Major in both Finance and Supply Chain Management. Supply Chain Management was a spur of the moment thing, but I realized that it will teach me instrumental tools in my valuation of companies. Another bonus was ASU's Supply Chain Management Program is #3 in the nation. Recently I was one of the few Freshmen to get accepted into ASU's Investment Banking Industry Scholars program. To gain admittance I had to go through a hard recruiting process. The program was recently featured in Business Week and the goal is to prepare students for the extremely competitive Investment Banking Industry. In the program we focus on networking strategies, stress interviews, information interviews with alumni working on Wall Street, 'stock pitch' presentations, and developing stock analyst skills via technical training seminars. It is a tough program which utilizes the most of my Financial skills and has dramatically raised my Wall Street IQ. The goal is to still become an Emerging Markets Trader for Goldman Sachs so currently I am doing anything to better my resume.  Not related to Finance at all, but recently I became a Pledge at Sigma Nu Fraternity. I always felt I was destined for Greek Life and its a good break away from School, Homework, and the Falling Dow. Currently I am working on two new ventures. I am currently working on launching a Hedge Fund in either my Sophomore or Junior year of college. Some might see this as quite ambitious by my age, however I see age merely as a number not a limitation. In 2007, I raked in a one year return of 85.22% which would sit me nicely in the Top 10. This number would have beat out 99% of the Hedge Funds for annualized returns in 2007. Hedge Fund numbers were thrown off this year as Paulson & Co. had an annualized return of 589%. Anyways back to my point of starting up my own fund. This summer the majority of my research will be done and the construction of business plan, LLC license, etc. I have recently started an additional Brokerage account in which I am trading in based upon my newly acquired principles/rules of trading. These have been acquired from mentors, trial and error, my many failures in the past. I have strict rule in which I trade by now to reduce my risk. Name for the Fund is undecided, if you have any ideas please send them to me, I want it to Incorporate Hartje. As for StocksonWallStreet I have some big plans envisioned for the future. First I plan on switching out of Blogger to allow more access to readers and so I can offer more as well. No set time table on when this might happen but keep checking in everyday for new posts and market updates.

0 Comments: